CBD or “cannabidiol” is one of the most popular and natural cannabinoids found in cannabis and hemp plants, that have the ability to provide relief in many areas of a person’s life, including ease in stress, anxiety, pain, insomnia, and more.
Although not all CBD products are created the same, such as, when you try to purchase a CBD product, it will either say full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or CBD isolate on the label. So what does this mean?
There are three major types of CBDs and the most popular one of them is full-spectrum CBD which is also called whole plant extract. In this article, we will understand full spectrum CBD in detail.
What is full spectrum CBD?
Full spectrum CBD is one of the three types of cannabidiol that contains a whole plant extract including hundreds of cannabinoids (including THC, CBG, CBN, and more), flavonoids, and terpenes that are naturally found in the cannabis or hemp plants.
Moreover, the full-spectrum is the most effective type of CBD because the whole plant extract of full-spectrum CBD works together in synergy to create entourage effects in your body which greatly benefit our endocannabinoid system resulting in much greater benefits as compared to other types of CBD.
Additionally, full-spectrum CBD also produces better results on problems like stress, pain, anxiety, and insomnia even at lower doses.
Is full spectrum CBD legal?
Full spectrum CBD is legal on the federal level in the U.S. as long as it is extracted from hemp and contains less than 0.3 percent of THC.
However, states like Idaho, South Dakota, and Kansas have restricted the purchase and use of full spectrum products due to its THC content.
Additionally, any full spectrum CBD product that are extracted from cannabis and contains more than 0.3% of THC is federally illegal in the US, while it remains legal in the states where recreational cannabis has been allowed.
Check the current CBD laws of your state, here.
What does full spectrum CBD do?
A full-spectrum CBD and its product contain a wide range of cannabinoids and terpenes that work in synergy within our body and regulate our endocannabinoid system (ECS) to help it achieve a more balanced state.
The endocannabinoid system is a complex cell signaling system that is responsible for regulating various features within our body including mood, pain, inflammation, stress, anxiety, sleep, and more.
With full spectrum CBD, the ECS will achieve a state of homeostasis which leads to many benefits like better mood, less pain, and inflammation, reduction in stress, anxiety, depression, and more such effects.
Is full spectrum CBD psychoactive?
A full spectrum CBD extracted from a hemp plant containing less than 0.3% of THC which is too small to cause any kind of psychoactive effects.
You may feel a certain sense of calmness, less anxiety, or even sleep at first when you start taking a full-spectrum CBD product but at any appropriate dosage, the full-spectrum CBD is safe and it will not make you feel intoxicated or stoned.
Does full spectrum CBD show in drug test?
Unfortunately, full-spectrum CBD can show up in a drug test.
Most drug tests are designed to look for THC which is present in full-spectrum CBD products, even though it is under 0.3% but using it regularly for a long time will lead to testing positive on a drug test screening.
If your work requires you to take drug tests, avoid using full-spectrum CBD products, instead try broad-spectrum CBD.
Full-spectrum CBD benefits
The effects of full-spectrum CBD far surpass its counterparts which leads to many benefits, like:
- Full-spectrum CBD contains a wide range of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids, and together they exhibit entourage effects that play a crucial role in balancing the endocannabinoid system of your body.
- According to a study, full-spectrum CBD has therapeutic properties and can help manage chronic pain and inflammation.
- Full-spectrum CBD is known to provide relief from insomnia, anxiety, stress, panic disorder, depression, and seizures. Even the FDA has approved the use of CBD to treat severe forms of epilepsy.
- Full-spectrum CBD is likely to be more effective than broad-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate at the same dosage due to its whole plant extract constituents.
Full-spectrum CBD side effects
- Although full spectrum CBD is a federally legal substance, it is restricted in a few states of the US.
- Full-spectrum CBD products are likely to test positive on a cannabis drug test screening.
- Some people can also experience side effects of CBD like reduced appetite, drowsiness, dry mouth, and mood change but they are pretty minimal and well tolerated.
Should you try full spectrum CBD products?
If you are not concerned about a drug test and do not have a sensitivity to THC, then full spectrum CBD will be the best option for you because its therapeutic effects are far more effective than its counterparts due to its whole plant constituents which produce strong entourage effects.
Moreover, we have mentioned 3 of the best full-spectrum CBD product in the form of oil, gummies, and softgels that you can shop online.
- Under $30 = $
- Between $30 to $60 = $
- Over 60$ = $$
Weedime’s pick for the best full spectrum CBD products
Green Roads Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- CBD Strength: 300mg, 750mg, & 1500mg of CBD per bottle
- Price: $ – $$
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “Amazing results. I feel like a whole new person while using this cbd oil. I could not be more satisfied. I would highly recommend this product.”
Green Road is one of the top CBD brands that create the best CBD products. Additionally, the company employs an in-house team of pharmacists who creates high-quality CBD products like this full-spectrum CBD oil.
The CBD oil comes in three sizes, which are perfect for CBD beginners to expert users. It is also vegan and gluten-free and contains no artificial flavor or colors.
PlusCBD’s Full Spectrum CBD Gummies
- CBD Strength: 300mg & 600mg of CBD per bottle
- Price: $ – $$
- COA: Available of their Website
- Customer Review: “I’ve been taking these since June 2020 and I love them! They help with anxiety and mood. I especially love the new taste. I always have an extra jar.”
Gummies are the easiest and most delicious way to take CBD and you can’t go wrong with the dosage.
PlusCBD is a well-known CBD brand that has been making CBD products for years and now they have perfected the formula with these full spectrum CBD gummies.
These delicious gummies come in two CBD strengths options and two flavors options: cherry mango and citrus punch. Additionally, the gummies are made from high-quality ingredients and are gluten-free.
Joy Organic’s Full Spectrum CBD Softgels
- CBD Strength: 750mg of CBD per bottle
- Price: $$$
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “These new Full Spectrum CBD Softgels are my new favorite! My mind and body are more relaxed after taking these. The tension and tightness that I may have in my body just melts away as I drift blissfully off to sleep.”
Joy Organics is a well-known CBD brand that makes unique kinds of CBD products, like these softgels.
The CBD softgels contain 25mg of premium full-spectrum CBD per capsule that are made using nanoemulsion technology, resulting in a more easily absorbed and effective CBD product, meaning, this soft gel is far more effective than its counterparts of similar strength.
How did we choose the best full spectrum CBD products?
We have vetted many full-spectrum CBD products against the following criteria and included the one that qualifies, the criteria includes:
- A CBD product must have an up-to-date certificate of analysis or lab tests done from an independent lab.
- A CBD product must be farm bill compliant and contains less than 0.3% of THC.
- A product must be free from harmful substances, like pesticides, GMO, metal solvents, and more.
- We also considered the customer reviews, manufacturing process, and brand Image of a CBD company and only included the ones that seem satisfactory.
There you have it, our guide to full-spectrum CBD. Thousands of people every day are using CBD products to manage stress, anxiety, sleep, and live a better quality of life in the US.
Although full-spectrum CBD is the most effective of the bunch, it also contains little THC, however, it won’t cause any intoxication but it will cause a false positive on a drug test, so exercise the necessary caution
The information in this article is intended for general use only and may not always be appropriate for everyone’s needs. Your health and wellness are unique to you, so before acting on anything we say, seek personalized advice from a medical professional.
We value the accuracy and editorial integrity of all our articles, and we strive to ensure that the content we publish is accurate and up-to-date to the best of our knowledge.
This article contains affiliate links, but any opinions expressed in our content are solely those of the author and have not been provided by or endorsed by any advertisers.