CBD is the new wellness supplement that everyone is talking about, but many are confused between their types, which are: Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum, & CBD Isolate.
To understand them in short, Full Spectrum CBD contains whole plant extract, including a wide range of Cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids, it also includes THC. CBD Isolate contains pure CBD only. While, Broad Spectrum CBD offers the best of both worlds, as it contains whole plant extract without THC and it is currently the most desirable form of CBD, so why is that?
In this article, you will know everything you need to know about Broad Spectrum CBD.
What is Broad Spectrum CBD?
Broad Spectrum CBD is a type of CBD extract that contains almost all the plant chemicals and constituents including a wide range of Cannabinoids, Flavonoids, and Terpenes, like the Full Spectrum CBD. But it’s missing one key factor: THC.
Many people prefer Broad Spectrum CBD because they are getting the benefit of full-plant extract, enough to exhibit entourage effects but without the psychoactive compound, THC.
A broad-spectrum product label should indicate that it is 0 percent THC or THC-Free.
How is Broad Spectrum CBD Made?
The broad-spectrum CBD is made when the raw Hemp or Cannabis plant is treated with a solvent, i.e. supercritical CO2. This process removes the plant chemicals from the fiber and gives you Full Spectrum CBD.
Now, a secondary step removes the THC down to a 0 percent concentration, leaving only their remaining plant chemicals including Terpenes, Flavonoids, and Cannabinoids with high concentrations of CBD. The result is a broad-spectrum product that contains all the chemicals except THC.
Some manufacturers mix a CBD isolate with small amounts of other Cannabinoids and Terpenes (but no THC) in a carrier medium to create a faux broad-spectrum CBD, but It’s not as effective as a true broad-spectrum CBD that is properly extracted, but it still gives you more of an entourage effect than CBD Isolates.
The only way to distinguish how a Broad Spectrum CBD is extracted is by looking at the COA(certificate of analysis) of the Product.
Is Broad Spectrum CBD Legal?
Broad Spectrum CBD is federally legal in America and unlike full spectrum CBD, there are no restrictions on Broad Spectrum CBD in any of the states of the US.
You can shop at your local CBD store or buy them online and get them delivered to your house like any other health supplement.
Check the CBD laws of your state, here.
Does Broad Spectrum CBD show in Drug Test?
No Drug Tests are designed to detect CBD, it can detect THC only.
A broad-spectrum CBD does not contain THC so it can’t be detected in a drug test. No matter the quantity, you will be safe from all kinds of drug screening tests if you are using an authentic broad-spectrum CBD product.
Broad-Spectrum CBD Benefits
There are many benefits of using Broad Spectrum CBD:
- It is free of THC, meaning you won’t feel psychoactive effects, even at a higher dosage.
- There is no need to worry about a drug test with broad-spectrum CBD.
- Even without THC, you will get the benefit of Entourage effects which helps make our body’s endocannabinoid system more balanced.
- Broad Spectrum CBD holds additional Cannabinoids that have added benefits that can help provide relief in Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Inflammation, Pain, and Insomnia. It can also help improve skin health and reduce seizures.
Broad-Spectrum CBD Drawbacks
- Broad Spectrum does not contain THC, which can be a good thing for most people but CBD works better with THC, meaning you will not feel the full benefits of the Entourage effect with it.
- CBD is known to interact with other prescription medications, so if you are on any medicine, especially that has a “grapefruit warning” then avoid using CBD with it. And consult your doctor if you are using CBD for the first time.
- There are some minor side effects of CBD like Reduced Appetite, Drowsiness, Dry Mouth, and Mood Change but they are pretty minimal and bound to pass with time.
Should you try Broad-Spectrum CBD products?
A broad-spectrum CBD offers the best of both worlds. You get the benefits of the entourage effect with all the different kinds of Cannabinoids, Terpenes, except for THC.
CBD does work better with THC, but it can cause a false positive on a drug test which can be a bit of a concern. If you want all the benefits of CBD without the concern of THC, Broad Spectrum will be the best choice for you.
Check out our handpicked list of some great broad-spectrum CBD products below.
- Under $30 = $
- Between $30 to $60 = $
- Over 60$ = $$
Weedime’s Pick for the Best Broad Spectrum CBD Products:
Green Roads Broad Spectrum CBD Oil
- CBD Strength: 300mg, 750mg, & 1500mg of CBD per bottle
- Price: $$ – $$$
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “I love everything about this oil. It tastes way better than many other CBD oils I have tried. It definitely works to keep me calm through my stressful days. Can’t wait to try the other flavors.”
Green Roads are one of the best brands in the CBD business, they have an in-house team of pharmacists that makes great CBD products, including this broad-spectrum CBD oil which comes in 3 sizes and 3 flavor options that are loved by thousands of customers.
According to the company, the oil contains no artificial flavor and is vegan & gluten-free.
Binoid’s Broad Spectrum CBD Gummies
- CBD Strength: 300mg of CBD per bottle
- Price: $
- COA: Available on their website
- Customer Review: “I’ve tried many cbd gummies, but none seem to be as effective as binoid. The taste is pleasant, and they are great for calming and sleep. The presentation is impressive as well. I plan to purchase more in the near future.”
Binoid is another great CBD brand that sells quality products, including this Broad Spectrum CBD Gummies, which come in 3 flavor options: Sour Strawberry, Mango, & Mixed Berry. They are affordable and have great taste.
They are also 100% natural, vegan, non-GMO, and made from high-quality ingredients.
Joy Organics Broad Spectrum CBD Softgels
- CBD Strength: 300mg & 750mg of CBD per bottle
- Price: $$ – $$$
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “I tried these at the recommendation of a friend for my daily stress. They worked right away and I noticed a difference in how much more calm I felt. Highly recommend!”
Joy Organic’s Broad Spectrum CBD softgels are one of their most re-ordered products because people love them.
The soft gels are made with water-soluble nanotechnology which makes their bioavailability much greater than any other oil-based CBD product.
How did we choose the Best Broad Spectrum CBD Products?
We have vetted each product of this article against the following criteria:
- An up-to-date Certificate of Analysis or Lab Tests from an Independent lab.
- Farm Bill compliant and made from the US grown Hemp.
- Free from Harmful substances, like pesticides, GMO, metal solvents, and more.
- We also considered the overall ingredients of the product, Customer Reviews, Manufacturing Process, and Brand Image of the company.
Broad Spectrum CBD is a great choice for people who want to reap the full benefits of CBD without worrying about THC.
Make sure that you purchase CBD from an authentic brand that provides a genuine COA and consult your doctor if you are on any prescribed medication and planning to try CBD for the first time.