CBD or “Cannabidiol” comes in three types: Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum, and CBD Isolate.
Full Spectrum offers a wide range of Cannabinoids and Terpenes (including THC). Broad Spectrum also offers a wide range of Cannabinoids and Terpenes except for THC. While, CBD Isolate contains pure CBD only.
Amongst the three, the most popular and widely used one is CBD Isolate. So why is that?
In this article, you will know everything you need to know about CBD Isolate.
What is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is 99% pure CBD. It lacks all the other Cannabinoids, Terpenes, or any other plant materials.
A CBD Isolate product should be labeled as 99% or 100% of pure CBD. These products may contain other carrier ingredients, but they must not contain other cannabinoids like THC or terpenes.
How is it Made?
1- Distillation: In the first step, Hemp or Cannabis Plant is treated with a solvent, i.e. supercritical CO2 and undergoes a distillation process where CBD starts to isolate at a molecular level. This results in Full Spectrum CBD.
The Distillation process is again repeated to completely remove THC from the compound.
2- Chromatography: In this step, all the plant materials are removed including Terpenes which are responsible for smell and taste. Additionally, Chromatography also removes unwanted Cannabinoids.
3- Winterization: This process is also known as Alcohol Wash, where the compound goes through an extraction at an ice-cold temperature that removes the remaining material of the plant including fats, waxes, and lipids, this results in pure CBD.
4- Decarboxylation: In the last step, the pure CBD is exposed to heat and light that removes any residual impurities, increases its bioavailability, and gives you pure CBD powder.
How Long does it take for CBD Isolate Effects to kick in?
The effects of CBD Isolate vary from product to product but usually, it takes between 30 minutes to 2 hours to see the immediate effect of a CBD isolate product. However, long-term effects could take weeks.
Is CBD Isolate Legal?
CBD Isolate is completely legal in all 50 states of the US and it does not contain any THC, so there are no restrictions from any state.
CBD isolate is free from THC, so it will not show up in any drug test screening.
You can purchase a CBD Isolate product at your local CBD store or shop online from a genuine online retailer store that provides detailed product information, and COA (certificate of analysis). This will likely be a better option.
Check the CBD laws of your state, here.
Benefits of CBD Isolate
CBD interacts with our CB receptors that balance our body’s Endocannabinoid System, this results in benefits, like:
- Ease in Stress and Anxiety disorders: According to research, CBD has the potential to provide relief in stress and anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) when administered acutely.
- Promotes Healthy Sleeping Pattern: A 2019 research was conducted to test whether CBD helps improve sleep in Clinical populations. A group of 72 adults participated. It is found that around 66% of adults reported improved sleeping scores within the first month of CBD use.
- Ease in Pain and Inflammation: According to 2020 research, CBD has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. While the test was conducted by administering CBD Isolate, it is found that full-spectrum CBD will be more effective because of the entourage effects.
- Reduces Seizures: A 2019 research suggests that CBD has neuroprotective properties and shows the potential in reducing Seizures and can be used in treating different forms of epilepsy. However, more research is needed to say anything for certain. It is advised that you consult with a doctor before using CBD for any serious condition.
- CBD is also known to provide relief in nausea, hypertension, certain addictions, skin condition, and other health issues.
CBD Isolate is THC free, so even at a higher dosage, there is no need to worry about feeling drowsy or testing positive for a drug test.
Drawbacks of CBD Isolate
- Due to the lack of THC and other Cannabinoids, CBD Isolate will be less effective than Full Spectrum or Broad Spectrum CBD for certain conditions.
- With Isolate, you can’t experience the full benefits of CBD due to the lack of entourage effect.
- CBD is known to interact with certain kinds of medications especially the ones with “grapefruit” warning. Compared to Full Spectrum, CBD isolate is less likely to interact with other medications.
- There are certain side effects of CBD like Change in Appetite, Drowsiness, Dry Mouth, and Mood Change but they are well tolerated and bound to pass with time.
Should you try CBD Isolate Products?
CBD Isolate is the best option for people who want to reap the benefits of CBD without worrying about the psychoactive compound THC.
If you live in a state where THC is illegal, then CBD isolate will be a perfect choice. It’s effective in many health conditions and is usually cheaper than Full Spectrum and Broad Spectrum CBD.
Check out our handpicked list for the Best CBD Isolate products below.
- Under $30 = $
- Between $30 to $60 = $
- Over 60$ = $
Weedime’s Pick for the Best CBD Isolate Products
Plain Jane’s CBD Isolate Oil
CBD Strength: 1000mg, 2000mg, & 5000mg of CBD per bottle
Price: $ – $$$
Customer Review: “Wonderful product! Quick delivery! I’ve never slept better and it helps so much with mood/anxiety.”
Plain Jane is one of the most popular names in the CBD industry, their products are amazing and cost-effective.
Plain Jane’s CBD isolate oil comes in four flavor options (natural, blood orange, chocolate mint, & lemon-lime) and according to the reviews, it is loved by hundreds of people.
Joy Organics CBD Isolate Gummies
CBD Strength: 300mg of CBD per bottle
Customer Review: “This is my first time with CBD. I researched for the highest quality ingredients and I’m glad I chose Joy Organics. The gummies are working for me to take the edge off my tendencies to over worry. And, my sleep improved in the deep sleep area. Very thankful.”
Gummies are one of the best ways to consume CBD, you can never go wrong with the dosage. Providing some of the top products in the CBD market, Joy Organics is truly an innovative company.
Their Gummies come in two flavor options (green apple & strawberry lemonade) and according to the reviews, they work wonders.
Green Roads CBD Isolate Softgels
CBD Strength: 750mg of CBD per bottle
Customer Review: “I love this product! I feel more focused and relaxed just after one week of using these softgels. Once a day in the morning is all I need to feel better. Would highly recommend.”
Green Roads are one of the biggest names in the CBD industry. Their high-quality CBD products are formulated by an In-house team of Pharmacists.
Green Roads CBD softgels are one of their popular products that come in three functions (sleep, relax, & everyday wellness). They are vegan, gluten-free, and made from USA-grown hemp.
How did we choose the Best CBD Isolate Products?
We have vetted each product of this article against the following criteria:
- An up-to-date Certificate of Analysis or Lab Tests from an Independent lab.
- Farm Bill compliant and made from the US-grown Hemp.
- Free from Harmful substances, like pesticides, GMO, metal solvents, and more.
- We also considered the overall ingredients of the product, Customer Reviews, Manufacturing Process, and Brand Image of the company.
CBD Isolate is a safe way to intake CBD and it’s a great choice for people who are concerned about drug tests in the workplace or want to avoid other Cannabinoids like THC.
However, CBD isolate isn’t as effective as Full spectrum, it does offer many benefits to the users.
When shopping for CBD isolate, check the updated COA (certificate of analysis) of the product and make sure it is free from impurities and does not contain any other Cannabinoids.
Always consult your doctor if you are taking prescribed medication and want to try CBD for the first time.