In this article, we’ll take a closer look at CBD isolate. We will learn what it is, how its made it, the benefits, potential drawbacks, and insights into some of the top CBD isolate products on the market.
What is CBD isolate?
CBD isolate is the purest and most refined form of cannabidiol, a naturally occurring compound found in the hemp plant.
Unlike full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD products, which retain a range of cannabinoids, terpenes, and other beneficial plant compounds, CBD isolate undergoes a meticulous extraction process to isolate and purify cannabidiol.
The result is an incredibly pure, crystalline powder that consists almost exclusively of CBD, reaching a purity level of 99%.
How is it made?
CBD isolate is created when hemp plants undergoes four steps of complex processes:
- Distillation: At first, the raw hemp plant is treated with a solvent like supercritical CO2 or ethanol to isolate the CBD from the plant material. This results in full-spectrum CBD.
- Chromatography: The rest of plant materials are removed including flavonoids and terpenes which are responsible for smell and taste. Additionally, chromatography also removes the rest of the cannabinoids including THC.
- Winterization: This process is also known as alcohol wash, where the compound goes through an extraction at an ice-cold temperature that removes the remaining material of the plant including fats, waxes, and other impurities, leaving behind pure CBD.
- Decarboxylation: In the last step, the pure CBD is exposed to heat and light which removes any residual impurities.
Detailed review of the best CBD isolate products
Plain Jane CBD Oil
- CBD Strength: 1000mg, 2000mg, & 5000mg of CBD per bottle
- Quantity: 30ml
- Flavor: Natural, blood orange, chocolate mint, lemon-lime
- COA: Available
Plain Jane, a top CBD flower brand, presents an unbeatable CBD isolate oil known for quality and affordability.
This clean and budget-friendly CBD oil is crafted with only two ingredients; pure CBD isolate and MCT oil and it comes in flavors like natural, lemon-lime, blood orange, and chocolate mint.
Additionally, this oil comes in a 30 ml bottle where each can offer up to 3 CBD strength options, starting from 1000 mg which is perfect for first-time CBD users, while 2000 mg and 5000 mg are adequate for more advanced users.
Being a CBD isolate oil, it’s an excellent choice for athletes, professionals, or anyone with a busy life.
Not Pot CBD Gummies
- CBD Strength: 20 mg of CBD per gummy
- Quantity: 30 count
- Flavor: Strawberry
- COA: Available
They come in convenient 30-gummy boxes, each delivering 20 mg of pure CBD isolate which is an ideal dosage for most people.
These affordable gummies taste like strawberries and they are available in two options, an original pure CBD formula and a sleep-promoting formula with added melatonin. They are also gluten-free, vegan, and free from questionable ingredients.
Green Roads CBD Softgels
- CBD Strength: 25 mg per capsule
- Quantity: 30 counts
- COA: Available
These CBD isolate softgels, from the reputable Green Roads, come in 30-count bottles, each softgel containing 25 mg of pure CBD isolate – an ideal daily dose.
Taste-neutral and easy to swallow with water, these gluten-free CBD softgels guarantee a hassle-free experience.
However, what sets them apart from the competition is Green Roads’ unwavering commitment to quality, formulated meticulously by an in-house pharmacist team that focuses on quality above all.
With 500+ positive reviews on the company website, the CBD softgels have earned the trust and admiration of users, highlighting their effectiveness and quality.
Zolt CBD Drink Mix
- CBD Strength: 20 mg per mix
- Quantity: 7 grams per mix
- Flavors: morning lemon tea, honey citrus tea, unflavored, coconut
- COA: available
Zolt CBD drink mix transforms your beverage routine with a revolutionary powder formula, delivering 20 mg of CBD isolate in a 7-gram pouch. Just mix it in water and you are good to go.
You can choose from delightful flavors like “morning lemon tea,” a zesty blend of green tea, lemon, and stevia, or the sweet “honey citrus tea,” combining lemon, honey, and rich black tea. Dive into the tropics with the “coconut” variant, or opt for an unflavored experience, embracing the pure essence of CBD isolate drinks.
What makes Zolt unique is its dedication to crafting a healthier alternative to traditional caffeinated and sugary beverages. This plant-based CBD drink, rich in organic ingredients, is a superior choice for those prioritizing well-being.
How did we choose these products?
Here’s a breakdown of the criteria we followed to ensure the inclusion of top-quality CBD isolate products in our recommendations:
- Brand reputation: We started by researching and evaluating the reputation of CBD brands in the market. Brands with a history of transparency, quality control, and positive customer experiences were given preference.
- Third-party testing: Independent third-party testing is a vital aspect of ensuring the quality and purity of CBD products. We selected products from brands that regularly conduct third-party testing on their CBD isolates and included an updated COA (certificate of analysis).
- User reviews: User feedback provides valuable insights into the real-world experiences of consumers. We took into account customer reviews and testimonials to understand the effectiveness, tolerability, and overall satisfaction with CBD isolate products.
- Product variety: Recognizing that consumers have diverse preferences, we included a variety of CBD isolate products including oils, capsules, edibles, and drinks.
Value for money: While we prioritize quality, we only considered the products that offer a good value for money.
Read More: CBD Buyers Guide
Is CBD isolate legal?
However, due to limited regulations, there are a lot of mislabeled CBD products available in the market that can also contain illegal levels of THC.
As a consumer, you should double-check the THC concentration of CBD isolate products to ensure they meet regulatory criteria, with reputable companies offering clear information via third-party testing.
Does it show on drug tests?
CBD isolate, being THC-free, does not show up on any standard drug tests. However, it’s crucial to choose products with accurate labeling and third-party testing that guarantee THC’s absence.
How does CBD isolate work?
CBD isolate works by interacting with the body through the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is a complex regulatory system, consisting of receptors, enzymes, and endocannabinoids that play a crucial role in maintaining balance and homeostasis.
The ECS is involved in regulating various physiological processes, including mood, appetite, sleep, immune response, and pain perception.
When you consume CBD isolate, it influences the ECS primarily through two types of receptors: CB1 receptors, found in the central nervous system, and CB2 receptors, present in the peripheral organs and tissues.
While the exact mechanisms of CBD’s action are still under scientific investigation, the existing evidence suggests that CBD isolate engages with the ECS in a way that promotes balance and well-being.
Is it psychoactive?
CBD isolate is non-psychoactive, meaning it does not induce the “high” associated with marijuana use. The absence of THC ensures that you can enjoy the benefits of CBD without any impairment.
Benefits of CBD isolate
Apart from the therapeutic and wellness benefits, CBD isolate offers a range of advantages that contribute to its popularity among users seeking this particular extract of cannabidiol, such as:
- Purity and consistency: CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD, often reaching 99% purity. This high level of purity ensures that you can experience the consistent effects of CBD with every product.
- Versatility in consumption: CBD isolate also comes in crystalline powder form which is flavorless and odorless, making it easy to incorporate into various products. You can add it to your food and drinks without altering its taste or the intended characteristics of the final product.
- Zero THC content: CBD isolate is THC-free, ensuring that you can enjoy the benefits of CBD without any risk of psychoactive effects. This makes it an ideal option for people who are sensitive to THC or those subject to regular drug testing.
Drawbacks of CBD isolate
While CBD isolate has its advantages, it’s important to consider potential drawbacks associated with its use, such as:
Lack of entourage effect: One significant drawback of CBD isolate is the absence of the “entourage effect.” This effect suggests that the combination of various cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds in the hemp plant works synergistically to enhance therapeutic benefits.
CBD isolate products, being pure CBD, lack these additional components, potentially limiting their overall effectiveness compared to full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD products.
Possible contamination: The manufacturing process of CBD isolate involves multiple steps to purify and isolate the CBD from other compounds.
However, even a single step of poor manufacturing practices can lead to contamination, which could lead to residual solvents, pesticides, or other impurities if a product is not produced and tested meticulously.
Who should try CBD isolate products?
CBD isolate is the best option for people who want to reap the benefits of CBD without worrying about the psychoactive compound THC. It’s consistent and effective in many conditions and is usually cheaper than full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD.
It is also an excellent starting point for people who have low tolerance or who are new to CBD. Additionally, if you live in a state like Idaho where THC is restricted, then CBD isolate can be your go-to choice.
CBD isolate offers a compelling option for folks seeking the benefits of CBD without the presence of other cannabinoids.
Its purity and versatility make it a popular choice for those who want to incorporate CBD into their wellness routines without the risk of THC exposure.
However, it’s crucial to consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating CBD isolate or any CBD product into your routine, especially if you are taking medications or have underlying health concerns.
The information in this article is intended for general use only and may not always be appropriate for everyone’s needs. Your health and wellness are unique to you, so before acting on anything we say, seek personalized advice from a medical professional.
We value the accuracy and editorial integrity of all our articles, and we strive to ensure that the content we publish is accurate and up-to-date to the best of our knowledge.
This article contains affiliate links, but any opinions expressed in our content are solely those of the author and have not been provided by or endorsed by any advertisers.