CBD is an Organic Molecule found in Cannabis and Hemp Plant, which has become popular in recent years due to its therapeutic benefits. But some CBD products i.e. “Full Spectrum” can contain THC in it, which can show up on a Cannabis drug test Screening, so it is important to know, how long does CBD stay in your system?
If you are an Occasional or Infrequent user, then CBD can stay in your system for about 3 to 10 days. If you are taking CBD every day for quite some time then it can be detected for up to a month.
Although, there are many other factors that affect this.
What Factors Affect the CBD in Your System?
The interaction of CBD with a person’s body is not the same for everyone and many factors affect how long the CBD will stay in the system:
- Quality of CBD: There are so many companies that are selling CBDs in the market and not all of them are safe and accurate. If you are using CBD products from a company that does not provide an up-to-date COA then you need to be extra cautious because they can be mislabeled or could contain more than the authorized quantity of THC in them.
- Type of CBD: There are three types of CBD and only Full Spectrum CBD products have the chance to be detected in a drug test because they contain THC in them. If you are taking Broad Spectrum or CBD Isolate which does not contain THC, then you don’t need to be concerned.
- Dosage: The amount of CBD you are taking is also a factor that plays a big role. If you are taking a higher dose of CBD, then it is more likely to show up in a drug test than a low dose.
- Frequency of CBD use: CBD is lipophilic, meaning it can build up in your body and can stay there for a long time. If you are a frequent user then CBD can stay in your system for months. If you use it occasionally, it can leave your system within a week.
- Method of Administration: CBD products come in many forms, while CBD oil is the most popular method of CBD consumption, People Nowadays are more inclined to use CBD in the form of Gummies, Capsules, Cream, Flower, Vapes, and more.
Each of the methods is different and it is important to understand how long each method of consumption will stay in the system.
- Products that can be taken orally like CBD oils, CBD Gummies, CBD Capsules & Softgels, and more suggest that for a single dose, the half-life is 1-3 days.
- A half-life is the amount of time it takes for half of the dose to be eliminated from the body. This is just an estimate, as everyone will be slightly different depending on their metabolism or how fast or slow their unique enzymes break down substances.
- While, CBD Topical Products like CBD cream, lotion, balm, are absorbed into your skin and muscles, which do not reach your bloodstream, so they can not be detected in a drug test.
Will CBD Show on a Drug Test?
No drug tests are designed to detect CBD in your System.
Cannabis drug screening tests are designed to detect THC in your system which can be present in certain CBD products, and if you are taking a Full Spectrum CBD product(that contains THC) then it is likely that it will show up on a drug test.
Legal Full Spectrum CBD products only contain less than 0.3% of THC, but taking them everyday for a long time will certainly cause a positive in a Cannabis Drug test Screening.
If you are concerned about a drug test but still want to reap the benefit of CBD, try Broad Spectrum or CBD Isolate products. They do not contain THC in them.
Be aware of the many brands selling sub-par CBD products which are falsely labeled and may contain an absurd amount of THC in them. They will surely make you fail a drug test.
Always buy a CBD product online and from a trusted brand that provides a COA(certificate of analysis) of their products from a reputable third party.
How to Get CBD Out of Your System?
If you are taking CBD products for some time, you have an upcoming drug test coming up and need a solution to get CBD out of your system.
For starters, you don’t need to be concerned about CBD because no drug tests detect that, Rather it detects THC in your body.
To get THC out of your system, you have to find a way to speed up your metabolism. You can do heavy exercises for that or drink plenty of water to secrete THC through urine.
You can also try a Cannabis Detox Kit to remove the THC completely out of your system, fast.
Everyone processes CBD differently, and it’s hard to accurately say how long will CBD stay in a person’s system.
Although, you only need to be worried about CBD coming up in a drug test if you are taking a Full Spectrum CBD product that contains THC. Otherwise, Broad Spectrum and CBD Isolate products won’t show up in a drug test because they do not contain THC in them.
Exercise Caution, when purchasing a CBD product because a lot of companies misrepresent their Products. Purchase CBD from a trusted company that provides an authentic COA like Green Roads.