Overview of the 9 Best CBD Products for Sleep and Insomnia:
- Best Broad Spectrum CBD Oil: Green Roads Sweet Sleep CBD Oil
- Best Full Spectrum CBD Oil: Vida Optima’s Dream CBD+CBN Oil
- Best Overall CBD Gummies: Not Pot’s CBD Gummies for Sleep
- Best Full Spectrum CBD Gummies: Charlotte’s Web CBD Gummies for Sleep
- Best Broad Spectrum CBD Gummies: Green Road’s Sleepy Zs CBD Gummies
- Best CBD Isolate Capsule: Green Road’s CBD Sleep Capsules
- Best Full Spectrum CBD Softgel: Omax Max Sleep Softgels
- Best CBD Bath Bomb: Kush Queen Sleep CBD Bath Bomb
- Best CBD Bath Soak: Not Pot’s CBD Sleep Soak
Not getting enough sleep or getting poor quality sleep is one of the most common adult day problems in the world.
According to the Sleep Foundation, One-third of all adults in the US are getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night and almost half of Americans are reportedly feeling sleepy during the day between three and seven days per week.
Prescription sleep medicines are also an option for Insomnia, but they are not safe. Unfortunately, they come with a wide range of side effects like headache, dizziness, next-day drowsiness, feeling un-coordinated, and more.
While long-term use can be habit-forming while stopping the medication can even worsen Insomnia, then came CBD.
Most natural methods for Insomnia, while inexpensive, are likely to be ineffective. The one exception to this is CBD.
CBD works at healing the Chemical Imbalances or Injuries that are disrupting your sleep, rather than acting as a Bandage for the Issue, CBD reduces the symptoms that can cause you to stay awake at night including pain, stress, anxiety, and nausea while it further promotes the natural order of Sleep.
The US government legalized Hemp in the 2018 Farm Bill, which also includes CBD extracted from Hemp. While the CBD become legal, its market skyrocketed and within a few years, CBD became a billion-dollar industry in America.
Currently, many people are using CBD every day to sleep better and live a better quality of life than ever. You can try it too.
In this article, we have come up with a list of the 9 best CBD products that will help you sleep better.
Any CBD product can be classified into 3 types:
- Full-spectrum CBD: Some CBD products will say full spectrum on the label, which means the product will have whole-plant extracts, including terpenes, and other cannabinoids. A full-spectrum CBD product will also contain up to 0.3% of THC.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: Broad-spectrum CBD products contain a wide range of occurring compounds from the whole plant similar to Full-spectrum, but it does not contain THC in them. A Broad-spectrum CBD product label should indicate that it is 0 percent THC or THC-Free.
- CBD Isolate: CBD isolate means just CBD, nothing else of the plant compound should be present in CBD isolate products.
If your profession requires a periodic drug screening, then avoid full-spectrum CBD products because there is a possibility that they can test positive in a Cannabis drug test screening due to their THC content. Use Broad Spectrum and CBD Isolate products, they do not contain THC so they are unlikely to test positive in a drug test.
How did we Choose the Best CBD Products for Sleep?
CBD is currently not regulated by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) which means some companies take advantage of this and misrepresent their sub-par CBD Products, that’s why we have carefully vetted each Company and their CBD products for sleep and only included the ones that we think are genuine and authentic.
We have vetted each product of this article against the following criteria:
- An up-to-date Certificate of Analysis or Lab Tests of each CBD product from an Independent lab.
- Farm Bill Compliant and contains less than 0.3% of THC
- CBD products must be made from US-produced Hemp.
- Free from Harmful substances, like pesticides, GMO, metal solvents, and more.
- We checked Customer Reviews of each product to know whether it is positive or the product actually helped people with sleep or not.
- We checked the Manufacturing Process of the products and the Brand Image of the company.
- We checked whether the CBD product actually helps with sleep or not contains other ingredients that promote sleep, i.e. CBG, Melatonin (sleep hormone).
- Under $30 = $
- Between $30 to $60 = $
- Over 60$ = $$
Weedime's Pick for the 9 Best CBD Products:
CBD Oils for Sleep
Green Roads Sweet Sleep CBD Oil
Green Road’s Sweet Sleep CBD Oil is formulated by an in-house team of pharmacists. It comes in a 30ml bottle and contains 22.5ml of CBD, 2.5ml of CBN per serving. It also contains 2.5mg of Melatonin which gives you an extra push to sleep.
We like that Green Roads CBD Oil is Vegan & Gluten-free. It also has over 100+ positive reviews on its website claiming it helps them sleep.
Vida Optima’s Dream CBD+CBN Oil
Vida Oitima’s Dream Oil is a full spectrum oil containing a wide range of Cannabinoids including CBD, CBN, CBC, CBG, and less than 0.3% of THC.
This gives you full benefits of the entourage effect. This is perfect for individuals who are not interested in Melatonin for their Sleep Solution.
We like that Vida Optima’s CBD Oil is 100% Natural, Vegan, and Gluten-Free. It also has over 45+ positive reviews of people who benefited from this Product.
CBD Gummies for Sleep
Not Pot’s CBD Gummies for Sleep
Not Pot Sleep Gummies are Vegan, Gluten-free, and contain all-natural ingredients. Each gummy contains 20mg of high-quality, gently extracted CBD and 3mg of Melatonin that will surely put you to sleep. And it tastes like blueberries.
We like that this product has over 2500+ positive reviews and lots of happy customers.
Charlotte’s Web CBD Gummies for Sleep
Charlotte’s Web CBD gummies with 10mg of Full Spectrum CBD per gummy which contains 80+ naturally occurring phytocannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. It also contains 3mg of Melatonin for better and more sounding sleep.
The product also has 90+ positive reviews of people claiming how it helped them sleep.
Green Road’s Sleepy Zs CBD Gummies
- CBD Type: Broad Spectrum
- CBD Strength: 750mg per bottle
- Price: $
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “I am in love with this product. I used to take “medication” to sleep every night. Now, I take Sleepy Z’s and that’s it!! What a wonderful nights sleep.”
Green Road’s Sleepy Zs Gummies comes in a delicious blackberry flavor and contains a whopping 25mg of Broad Spectrum CBD and 5mg of Melatonin per gummy that is perfectly designed to get you to a good night’s sleep.
We like that the product is made by Green Road’s in-house team of pharmacists and is vegan and gluten-free. It also has over 400 positive reviews and lots of happy customers.
CBD Capsules & Softgels for Sleep
Green Road’s CBD Sleep Capsules
Green Road’s Sleep Capsules contains 25 mg of CBD Isolate and 5mg of Melatonin per capsule that is perfect for calming you down and inducing sleep. The capsules are also vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, and independent lab-tested.
The product also has over 300 positive reviews on the company’s website.
Omax Max Sleep Softgels
Omax Max Sleep Softgels contains 5 mg of Full Spectrum CBD per capsule, and unlike other sleep CBD products, it does not contain melatonin, except, it contains omega-3s and l-theanine for sleeping aid, and it works.
It’s a perfect product for people who are starting with CBD and looking for a low-strength CBD product for sleep.
Other CBD Products for Sleep
Kush Queen Sleep CBD Bath Bomb
If you like taking long and relaxing baths at night, then Kush Queen Sleep Bath Bombs will be perfect for you.
It comes in 4 variants that range from 10mg of CBD and goes up to 200mg of CBD per bath bomb.
The product also contains a wide range of essential oils that take your stress away and prepare you for a good night’s sleep.
Not Pot’s CBD Sleep Soak
- CBD Type: CBD Isolate
- CBD Strength: 300mg
- Price: $
- COA: The Company claims it is lab-tested, but COA is not available on the website.
- Customer Review: “The BEST. I am a bath lover, and Not Pot’s CBD Bath Soak will help you relax and get ready for bed. I struggle with insomnia, and this definitely helps me. Highly recommend!”
Not Pot’s CBD Sleep Soak is a perfect product made from a combination of multiple types of salts and CBD that will take your stress away, help you relax and sleep better.
How Can CBD Help with Sleep?
There are so many reasons that cause a sleepless night.
Some experience chronic pain and inflammation that’s keeping them up, for some it’s racing thoughts or anxiety, while some seriously suffer from Insomnia.
We know that taking CBD helps with Anxiety and it can also provide relief in inflammation and chronic pain.
CBD works by healing the chemical imbalances or injuries that are disrupting your sleep and rather than acting as a bandage for the issue CBD can reduce symptoms that can cause you to stay awake at night, including pain, anxiety, nausea, and more.
According to a 2019 study conducted on the use of CBD on Adults, it is found that 66% of the participants reported improved sleep patterns within the first month of use.
When to Take CBD for Sleep?
The best time to take any CBD product for sleep is an hour before bed. It is enough time for the body to metabolize the CBD and its effects to kick in for inducing sleep.
CBD Oils work faster in comparison with CBD Gummies and Capsules for sleep, so you can take CBD oils somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes before sleep, while CBD prerolls and vapes provide immediate effects but they will not likely help you to sleep better.
CBD Dosage: How much CBD should you take for Sleep?
For sleep, There is no fixed dosage of CBD that works for everyone. In most cases every CBD product that you purchase for sleep comes with proper dosage guidelines, generally, they work for most people and if you don’t feel any effects, then gradually increase the intake in the span of weeks till you reach the desired outcome.
If you are a beginner to CBD, try a CBD product where a single dose is 15mg or less, stay on this dose for a few weeks, if the problem still pertains, increase the dose or try a different product.
While self-titrating is the key. Make sure that you stick to the recommended dosage guidelines for your CBD product, for the first 2 weeks before increasing the dose.
Read More: CBD Dosage Guide
Is it Safe to take CBD every day for Sleep?
CBD is lipophilic, meaning it constitutes in your body fats with time and builds up in your system to give you the best results. If you are using CBD every day, you will likely see the best results after a few days of consistent use.
CBD effects generally last for 8 to 12 hours and if you are taking CBD for sleep, then you want to sleep better every day, Right?
CBD has no potential for abuse or dependency, It does not cause any psychoactive effects, and you can’t overdose on CBD, so there is no issue in taking CBD every day.
Mistakes to Avoid while using CBD for Sleep:
- Avoid Eating CBD Chocolate or other ingestible that contains Caffeine. Also, avoid using CBD Oil in Caffeinated Beverages.
- Avoid Taking CBD Right before bed, instead, take it at least 30 minutes before you are going to Sleep.
- Avoid using CBD in high dosage or very low dosage for Sleep. Everybody’s metabolism is different so finding the dosage that is right for you is the Key.
- For best results, make sure that the CBD product you purchase contains sleep-inducing agents like CBG or Melatonin.
- Avoid using CBD or consult your healthcare provider if you are using prescribed medication. While CBD is a safe compound, there are some side effects, which mostly happen when it reacts with other prescribed medicines.
Improved sleep is one of the most commonly mentioned benefits of using CBD, and the benefits likely come from relieving other sleep-wrecking conditions like anxiety or pain.
In other words, if you can’t fall or stay asleep because your racing, anxious thoughts won’t settle down enough to slumber, CBD may be your key to a restful night because it calms your mind, and if mixed with Melatonin, CBD becomes the perfect solution for all kinds of sleep and Insomnia related problems.
Can CBD Make You High?
CBD cannot make you high, No matter the amount you take. High is only caused by the Cannabinoid “THC”. However, legally certain Full Spectrum CBD products can contain up to 0.3% of THC, which is too small to lead to any psychoactive effects.
Can CBD Show Up in a Drug Test?
Full Spectrum CBD products contain a small amount of THC, so they may test positive in a Cannabis drug test screening. However, CBD isolates and Broad Spectrum CBD are free from THC, so they can not come up in any kind of drug test.