Body butter has become an integral part of many people’s skincare routines, offering more than just moisturization – it’s a vital source of hydration, especially during dry seasons.
Now, imagine infusing a body butter with hemp-derived CBD. The result? A product that surpasses the effectiveness of regular body butter.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ve examined various CBD body butter on the market and highlighted two top-quality options for 2024.
Detailed review of the best CBD body butter
Prima Body Butter
Prima’s body butter stands out as a premier choice among CBD-infused skincare. Packaged in a 3 oz or 85-gram bottle, this product boasts a potent formulation featuring 275 mg of broad-spectrum CBD.
Complementing this infusion are five organic oils, shea and cocoa butter, and a blend of citrus, clove, geranium, and ylang-ylang essential oils.
This CBD body butter combination is designed not only to hydrate and moisturize dry skin but also to envelop you in a calm and soothing sensation, providing a velvety smooth feel that lasts throughout the day.
Ideal for addressing rough, dry skin and areas like hands, heels, elbows, and knees, this all-over moisturizing butter caters to a variety of skincare needs.
Beyond its efficacy, Prima’s body butter is suitable for all skin types. It proudly holds certifications as gluten-free, non-GMO, and hypoallergenic, and has undergone rigorous clinical testing to ensure unmatched quality and purity.
Plain Jane Body Butter
- CBD Type: Full spectrum CBD
- CBD strength: 400 mg
- Quantity: 4 oz
- Scent: Lavender, mango, rose
- Other Ingredients: Aloe vera juice, shea butter, avocado oil, organic lavender/ mango/ rose oil
- COA: Available
Plain Jane, a brand known for its exceptional CBD flowers and pre-rolls, introduces a gem in its collection – CBD Body Butter. This product combines quality CBD skincare and affordability into one.
Featuring 400 mg of full-spectrum CBD, this body butter is enriched with premium ingredients like shea butter, aloe vera juice, and avocado oil. It offers deep nourishment without any sticky or slimy residue, while also providing relief for aches, pains, and inflammation.
While you can choose between three organic scent options, consisting of lavender, rose, and mango.
How did we choose these products?
In our quest for the best CBD body butter, we assessed many brands, exclusively selecting those that met our standards of quality, purity, and transparency. These criteria include:
Availability of COA (Certificate of Analysis): Ensuring that the CBD body butter provides a COA or Lab Test results from a reputable third party, guaranteeing transparency in product content.
Contaminant-free: Verifying that the body butter is free from pesticides, GMOs, metal solvents, and other harmful contaminants to ensure product safety.
Brand reputation: Considering the CBD company’s brand image and only including those with positive reputations and the highest customer satisfaction rates.
Hemp source and CBD extraction process: Evaluating the source of hemp, CBD extraction methods, and overall manufacturing processes to ensure a high-quality end product.
Customer reviews: Reading through customer reviews for each CBD body butter to gauge real-world utility and satisfaction levels of previous consumers.
Shipping process and customer support: Checking whether the company maintains an effective shipping process and offers reliable customer support to ensure a seamless purchasing experience.
For more in-depth information, refer to our CBD buyers guide.
How does CBD body butter work?
CBD body butter works by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), a complex network of receptors and molecules present throughout the body, including the skin. The ECS plays a crucial role in regulating various physiological processes, such as inflammation, immune response, and mood.
Here’s a step-by-step process:
- Skin absorption: When CBD body butter is applied to the skin, the CBD and other active ingredients are absorbed through the skin’s outer layer. The skin also has an endocannabinoid system, including receptors known as CB1 and CB2 receptors.
- Interaction with CB receptors: CBD interacts with CB2 receptors, which are primarily found in the skin and immune cells. This interaction influences the endocannabinoid system’s regulatory functions related to inflammation, chronic pain, and immune response.
- Moisturizing properties: CBD body butter also contains rich moisturizing ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, and various oils. These ingredients complement CBD and contribute to the overall hydration and nourishment of the skin, promoting a smoother and softer complexion.
Benefits of CBD body butter
CBD body butter offers a range of potential benefits for the skin and overall well-being. While individual responses can vary, here are some common benefits:
- Moisturization: CBD body butter often contains hydrating ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, and various oils. These ingredients deeply moisturize the skin, helping to combat dryness and promote a soft, supple complexion.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: CBD is known for its potential anti-inflammatory effects. When applied topically, CBD body butter can help soothe and calm irritated or inflamed skin, making it beneficial for conditions such as redness or sensitivity.
- Skin nourishment: The combination of CBD and other skin-friendly ingredients in body butter can provide essential nutrients to the skin. This nourishment can contribute to overall skin health, promoting a radiant and youthful appearance.
- Relief for aches and pains: Users find that CBD body butter, when applied to specific areas, may provide localized relief for minor aches and chronic pains. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can contribute to this soothing effect.
- Aromatherapy: Many CBD body butter comes in a variety of scents, often derived from natural essential oils. This not only adds a pleasant aromatic experience but also offers potential aromatherapy benefits, promoting relaxation and stress relief.
- Skin conditions support: Some individuals use CBD body butter to support skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can contribute to managing these symptoms.
Risks of CBD body butter
CBD body butter is generally safe for most users, but it’s essential to be aware of potential risks and considerations:
- Skin sensitivity: Some individuals can be sensitive to certain ingredients in CBD body butter. It’s recommended to perform a patch test before widespread use, especially for those with sensitive skin or known allergies. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- Quality of body butter: The effectiveness and safety of CBD body butter depend on the quality of the product. Ensure that you choose products from reputable brands that provide third-party lab testing results (Certificate of Analysis or COA) to verify the content and purity of the CBD.
- Lack of regulation: The CBD industry is not heavily regulated, and as a result, there can be variations in product quality. Research and choose products from reputable companies that prioritize transparency and quality.
It’s crucial to approach the use of CBD body butter with awareness and caution. If you have specific health concerns or are unsure about using CBD, consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating them into your skincare routine.
What is the shelf life of CBD body butter?
CBD body butter has a storage life of between 6 months to 2 years from the manufacturing date. However, the shelf life can vary depending on factors, including the formulation of the body butter, storage conditions, and the presence of preservatives.
To maximize the shelf life of CBD body butter:
- Keep it in a cool, dry place.
- Avoid exposing it to excessive heat or sunlight.
- Close the container tightly after each use.
- Check for any changes in color, texture, or odor, as these could indicate product degradation.
It’s essential to follow any specific storage instructions provided by the manufacturer. If there’s any doubt about the freshness or safety of the product, it’s advisable to replace it, especially if you notice changes in its appearance or scent.
In conclusion, CBD body butter stands as a simple yet sophisticated solution for skin care. With various products harnessing the benefits of CBD, many users have found the body butter to be an uncomplicated way to nourish and refresh their skin.
Selecting the best CBD body butter requires attention to quality and transparency in ingredients. By choosing trusted brands and practicing proper storage, you can make the most of your skincare routine with CBD.
The information in this article is intended for general use only and may not always be appropriate for everyone’s needs. Your health and wellness are unique to you, so before acting on anything we say, seek personalized advice from a medical professional.
This article contains affiliate links, but any opinions expressed in our content are solely those of the author and have not been provided by or endorsed by any advertisers.