CBD is a natural, non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp and cannabis plants, that offers many benefits including ease of pain, inflammation, stress, anxiety, insomnia, depression, PTSD, and seizures.
A CBD product comes in many shapes, sizes, and strengths. While the recommended strength for CBD for most adults varies between 5 mg to 50 mg per day for general wellness and minor health issues. Although certain people experiencing extreme issues like insomnia, anxiety, PTSD, depression, and seizures may require a stronger dosage of CBD, which could reach up to 500 mg per day.
On the market, there aren’t many companies that sell strong CBD products. This is the reason we’ve created this article which mentions a list of the top 5 CBD products that you can shop online in 2023.
Overview of the 5 strongest CBD products
- Strongest CBD Oil: CBD For The People CBD Oil – 14,400 mg
- Strongest CBD Gummies: Neurogan CBD Gummies – 3,600 mg
- Strongest CBD Softgels: +Plus CBD Softgel Capsules – 3,000 mg
- Strongest CBD Cream: CBD Oil Biotech CBD Cream – 10,000 mg
- Strongest CBD Cigarettes: Oklahoma Smokes CBD Cigarettes – 1,000 mg
How did we choose the strongest CBD products?
CBD is currently not regulated by the FDA, this gives an opportunity to a lot of CBD companies to sell subpar CBD products in the market. That’s why we vetted many CBD brands and their potent products and only included the ones we found to be genuine and authentic.
We considered the following things:
- We only considered the most potent CBD products.
- The COA (certificate of analysis) or lab tests of each CBD product should be included on the website.
- We checked if the product is free from pesticides, GMOs, metal solvents, and other harmful chemicals.
- We also considered a company’s brand image, source of hemp, CBD extraction process, manufacturing process, and customer reviews.
- A CBD product should be farm bill compliant and contains less than 0.3% of THC
- We also checked whether a company has an adequate shipping process and a customer support team to handle any order-related issues.
Read More: CBD Buyers Guide
- Under $50 = $
- Between $50 to $150 = $
- Over 150$ = $$
Detailed review of the 5 strongest CBD products
CBD For The People CBD Oil
- CBD Strength: 14,400 mg of CBD per 60 ml Bottle
- CBD Type: Full Spectrum
- Flavor: Raw Natural, Raw Orange, Raw Lemon, Raw Peppermint, Blue Cheddar, Blue Dream, Durban Sour, Granddaddy Purps, Green Kush, OG Kush, Orange Cookies, Pineapple Express, Strawnana, Super Lemon Haze, White Fire OG, and White Widow.
- Price: $$
- COA: Available
For the People, CBD oil is one of the strongest, raw, and organic CBD oil that we could find on the market. The oil is also unrefined, so it retains the maximum plant nutrients that are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatories.
Although the taste of unprocessed CBD oil may not be to everyone’s taste, the brand has included organic fruit and plant terpene extracts to balance the flavor. It is also free of pesticides, solvents, microbiological pollutants, heavy metals, and other compounds.
The CBD used in this oil is extracted from a safe supercritical CO2 extraction process that goes through multi-stage lab tests at every step of the process for maximum quality and purity.
The oil contains a whopping 14,400 mg of full spectrum CBD in a 60 ml bottle, so you get 12 mg of CBD in each drop, making it one of the strongest dosage of CBD.
With an abundant profile of terpenes and phytocannabinoids and 16 unique flavor options to choose from, this strongest CBD oil is perfect in every way.
Neurogan CBD Gummies
- CBD Type: Full Spectrum & Broad Spectrum
- CBD Strength: 120mg CBD/gummy
- Gummies per Bottle: 30 count
- Flavor: Watermelon and Wild Berry, Wild Berry, Fresh Watermelon
- Price: $$
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “Great Product! While competitors have 10 mcg of CBD Neurogan provides 45 mcg minimum for often less$$ It’s quality is certified by third party lab. What more can you ask for?”
Neurogan CBD Gummies are among the most potent gummy options available in the market, packing a whopping 120mg of CBD per gummy. These gummies are crafted in a GMP-certified facility, ensuring that the quality and consistency of the product are top-notch. The CBD used in these gummies is derived from US-grown hemp, and is extracted using the safe and efficient CO2 method.
In addition to its high CBD content, Neurogan’s gummies come in a variety of flavors. Additionally, you have the choice of selecting between a broad-spectrum extract that is THC-free or full-spectrum CBD. Furthermore, if you want something with less potency than 120 mg of CBD, the company also sells gummies with 25 mg, 45 mg, and 90 mg of CBD in each.
Neurogan stands behind the quality of its product, offering a 30-day money-back guarantee on its CBD gummies. This guarantee ensures that you can try their product with confidence.
+Plus CBD Softgel Capsules
- CBD Strength: 3,000 mg of CBD per 60 softgel
- CBD Type: Full Spectrum
- Price: $
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “PlusCBD gel caps worked so well on my arthritis, and on my anxiety, that I send a bottle to 3 other friends and family. They thank me every time we speak.”
+Plus CBD Softgels come in three sizes option containing 30, 60, and 90 capsules. The softgels, on the other hand, each contain 50 mg of highly potent full-spectrum CBD, which is extracted from agricultural hemp using the best CO2 extraction method.
The brand made this maximum-strength formula for people that are looking for a strong CBD capsule for managing their serious ailments in a natural way.
Unlike most CBD products that use coconut oil or MCT oil as the base, +Plus CBD uses extra virgin olive oil, which makes it a much better CBD supplement for people who are allergic to coconut or MCT oil.
These soft gels are also vegan, gluten-free, and free from other harmful contaminants.
The users reported that +Plus CBD softgels help them:
- Sleep better
- Manage mood, stress, and anxiety
- Manage all kinds of pain, especially arthritis.
CBD Oil Biotech CBD Cream
- CBD Strength: 10,000 mg of CBD per bottle
- CBD Type: CBD Isolate
- Price: $$
- COA: Available on the Website
- Customer Review: “The best CBD cream on the market. My friends, Physical Therapist, and masseuse, have tried dozens of other CBD creams. None work as fast, or as well as this one!”
CBD oil Biotech CBD cream is one of our favorite CBD topicals that truly works on all kinds of chronic pain and inflammation. This formula is designed for athletes, professionals, and hardworking individuals to help them manage all kinds of pain in a safe, natural way.
This CBD cream contains 10,000 mg of CBD in a 4 oz bottle, making this one of the strongest CBD topicals on the market. Moreover, this cream is extracted from pure, clean, all-natural hemp that is non-GMO and further lab tested by a reputable third party for the highest quality and safety.
The users reported that CBD oil Biotech CBD cream helps them:
- Manage muscle spasms
- Provide relief from all kinds of physical pain including knee, shoulder, back, & joint.
Oklahoma Smokes CBD Cigarettes
- CBD Strength: 50 mg of CBD per smoke
- CBD Type: Full Spectrum
- Flavor: Original and Menthol
- Price: $
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “Nice flavor and enjoyed them more than I thought I would. Will be a good tool for me to quit smoking.”
Oklahoma Smokes CBD cigarettes are made from high-quality hemp and are free from any nicotine and tobacco. Instead, they contain 50 mg of CBD per smoke which will surely put you in a good mood without the cost to your health.
These strong CBD cigarettes are a perfect alternative for individuals who want to quit tobacco and nicotine and are looking for a better and healthier option.
Additionally, these cigarettes are made from a biodegradable menthol filter and organically grown hemp flower that is rich in CBD, which will provide you with smooth and effective smoke with every puff.
They come in two flavor options (original and menthol) and are double-tested in a lab to ensure that they remain free from harmful chemicals, additives, and pesticides.
The users reported that Oklahoma Smokes CBD cigarettes help them:
- Quit smoking nicotine cigarettes
- Manage anxiety, and general health
Should you try the strongest CBD products?
CBD comes in many shapes and sizes, and there is not a single dosage that fits all. People use CBD to manage all kinds of issues, and for some people, it could certainly requires a dosage of up to 50 mg of CBD per day to be effective.
Many people suffer from serious issues like PTSD, insomnia, chronic pain, cancer-related pain, seizures, anxiety, & depression that are affecting their life badly. CBD is highly effective in managing these issues, but people may need a much larger dosage of CBD to manage these ailments effectively and live a normal life.
If you are one of them then trying one of these strongest CBD products can be a good choice.
Metabolism and weight also play an important factor in deciding the adequate strength of CBD that is needed for an individual to be effective. If you weigh over 200 pounds and have serious issues like anxiety, depression, or chronic pain and inflammation then you could require well over 100 mg of CBD every day to be effective.
Long story short, if you think that you might need a stronger strength of CBD to manage your life, you can certainly try potent CBD products.
CBD does not cause an overdose, so taking CBD of high strength is fairly safe.
However, know that if you pass a certain strength threshold of CBD, its effects will render ineffective because CBD exhibits a biphasic effect, which means if you increase the dosage of CBD its benefit will also increase but after you pass a particular dosage threshold, the benefit of CBD will start to decline.
So taking CBD in a strong dosage is completely fine. However, make sure that you stop increasing the dose when you see a decline in benefit and go back to the previous optimal strength that was most effective for you. Remember, Self-titration is the key.
Read More: CBD Dosage Guide
Drawbacks of using strong CBD
Taking CBD in a high quantity may be the only solution for some people. However, if you don’t need CBD in a strong quantity but still take it, then it won’t be helpful to you.
You can’t overdose or build a tolerance to CBD, so there is no harm, but there could be a certain drawbacks of using CBD products of a stronger strength:
- There is no benefit or fun in taking a stronger dosage of CBD if you do not need it. It will only be tough on your pocket.
- If you are light build, have low tolerance, or have a slow metabolism then strong CBD products may lead to fatigue or upset stomach.
- A strong concentration of CBD in a product generally makes it taste bad. However, many CBD companies have solved this problem by adding natural flavors.
- Starting with the stronger strength of CBD might confuse your body’s endocannabinoid system, which may lead to fewer benefits than you could get with a lower-strength product.
- You may experience certain side effects of CBD at a higher dosage like dry mouth, dehydration, drowsiness, fatigue, and change in appetite.
- CBD can also interact with other medications, especially the ones with “grapefruit warning”, so consult your doctor before using CBD with other medication
How to take CBD?
CBD comes in many shapes and forms. However, in this article, the mentioned 5 products that can be taken in the following ways:
CBD oil can be taken sublingually.
CBD For The People CBD Oil comes in a dropper bottle that needs to be administered sublingually under the tongue for a minute before swallowing.
It can take up to 20 minutes to 1 hour for oil’s effect to kick in and it can stay for up to 6 hours. Here, each drop means you are taking 12 mg of CBD, so titrate accordingly.
Edibles like CBD gummies and softgels need to be swallowed.
Neurogan’s CBD gummies and +Plus CBD softgels need to be chewed or swallowed so they can get metabolized in the stomach.
Edibles are the most common and safest method of CBD consumption because they are easy to dose and titrate, and you can start seeing its effects within an hour which can last somewhere between 6 to 9 hours.
CBD topicals like creams need to be applied to the affected area.
CBD Oil Biotech CBD Cream needs to be applied to the area that is affected. They are perfect for managing the pain and inflammation of a particular area in your body.
Topicals work fast and their effects last longer, depending on the amount you’ve applied.
CBD cigarettes need to be smoked.
Smoking Oklahoma Smokes CBD cigarettes are one of the fastest ways to intake and feel the benefits of CBD.
It works within a few minutes, and its effects can stay up to a few hours. These cigarettes are perfect for managing issues that need a quick solution.
CBD cigarettes are the perfect alternative to smoking nicotine cigarettes.
CBD is a natural cannabinoid that offers many benefits, However, the effective strength of CBD differs for everybody.
You can certainly try the strongest CBD products if you feel the need. However, keep in mind that CBD follows biphasic effects, so it doesn’t necessarily mean that increasing the strength will always increase the benefit.
CBD is a safe compound that has no risk of overdose and does not lead to withdrawal. However, there is also no benefit in taking high-strength CBD, if you do not require it.
CBD can interact with other medications, so consult your doctor if you are on other medication and planning to take CBD.
Is CBD legal?
CBD is legal in the US. However, a few states have imposed restrictions on the use of Full Spectrum CBD products. Check the current CBD law of your state.
What strength of CBD is right for you?
CBD works differently for everybody, depending on the person and reason for using CBD. However, for general wellness and minor issues, CBD is effective between the strength of 10 to 50 mg. Read more: CBD dosage.
What are the types of CBD?
There are three types of CBD:
- Full Spectrum CBD contains whole plant extract including a wide range of Cannabinoids, Terpenes, and Flavonoids, including up to 0.3% of THC.
- Broad Spectrum CBD contains a wide range of Cannabidiol and Terpenes except for THC.
- CBD Isolate contains pure CBD only.
Can CBD show up in a drug test?
Full-spectrum CBD products contain THC, so they may test positive in a cannabis drug test screening. However, CBD isolates and broad spectrum CBD can not come up in a drug test.