Having trouble sleeping at night is something every adult suffers at least once in their lifetime and for some, it’s a constant daily struggle.
Not getting enough sleep or getting poor quality of sleep has affected many people’s lives and there was no proper and effective solution available to deal with this issue, till CBD and melatonin came to light.
Unlike other sleep supplements that only claim to provide relief for sleeping troubles, melatonin and CBD both genuinely help with that and their combination is an absolute killer to all kinds of sleep and insomnia-related issues.
In this article, you will find 3 of the best CBD melatonin gummies for sleep that are available on the market.
Quick links for the best CBD + melatonin gummies for sleep
How did we choose the best CBD with melatonin gummies for sleep?
While looking for gummies for sleep, we vetted many CBD brands and only considered the ones that met our criteria of quality, purity, and transparency, which include:
- A gummy must have the availability of the COA (certificate of analysis) or a lab test from a reputed third party.
- A gummy must be farm bill compliant and contain less than 0.3% of THC.
- We make sure that the mentioned CBD gummies must contain melatonin.
- We checked whether the CBD gummies for sleep are free of pesticides, GMOs, metal solvents, and other harmful contaminants.
- We considered the company’s brand image, source of hemp, CBD extraction process, manufacturing process, and product prices.
- We read the customer reviews of each CBD gummies to know whether the product helped people with sleep or not.
- We also checked whether a company has an adequate shipping process and a customer support team to handle any order-related issues.
- $30 or under $30 = $
- Between $31 to $50 = $$
- Over 50$ = $$$
A detailed review of the best gummies for sleep (CBD + melatonin)
Green Roads Sleepy Zs CBD Gummies
- CBD Type: Broad Spectrum CBD
- CBD Strength: 5mg Melatonin, 25mg of CBD/CBN per Gummy
- Quantity: 10, 30 count
- Flavor: Blackberry
- Price: $$
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “This particular CBD product is amazing! I have half a gummy and I’m out the whole night. It’s calms me, relaxes my mind and body and I get a great night’s rest. And it’s natural!!”
Green Roads Sleepy Zs CBD gummies have been created with the perfect formula that is effective in all kinds of sleeping problems, making it our ultimate go-to choice when looking for the best gummies for sleep without THC.
Apart from CBD and melatonin, Green Roads CBD gummies also contains CBN which is also a cannabinoid like CBD, but CBN has mild sedating properties that are very effective in working as a natural sleeping aid.
Moreover, these THC-free sleep gummies are made by an in-house team of highly qualified pharmacists, they are also vegan and gluten-free. The company recently updated the formula for the Sleepy Zs gummy making it more effective and delicious than the previous ones and you can notice its popularity by glancing over 900+ positive reviews on green road’s website.
According to the reviews, the users find Green Roads Sleepy Zs CBD gummies to be helpful in:
- Getting to sleep quicker, staying asleep, and waking up refreshed.
- Getting calm and relaxed.
+Plus CBD Sleep Gummies
- CBD Type: Full Spectrum CBD
- CBD Strength: 3mg Melatonin, 10mg of CBD per Gummy
- Quantity: 30, 60 count
- Flavor: Raspberry
- Price: $
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “This product is worth every penny for mild to moderate sleep problems. I take one nightly and sleep like a baby rock.”
+Plus CBD Sleep Gummies is an ultimate CBD with melatonin product that helps users with all kinds of mild to moderate sleeping problems.
With just 10mg of CBD and 3mg of melatonin, it’s the perfect sleep gummy for people who are using CBD for the first time, or people who have low tolerance. Plus, you can always take more than one if you feel the need.
It comes in a delicious raspberry flavor option that feels good on your palate and a unique full spectrum CBD formula that is extracted by a safe C02 extraction process to further increase its quality and effectiveness.
These gummies are made in a cGMP-certified faculty by certified doctors and contains natural ingredients like magnolia bark and lemon balm which also have sleep-promoting qualities.
According to the reviews, the users find +Plus CBD Sleep Gummies to be helpful in:
- Getting to sleep and staying asleep.
- Proving relief from stress and anxiety.
Not Pot Sleep CBD Gummies
- CBD Type: CBD Isolate
- CBD Strength: 3mg Melatonin, 20mg of CBD per Gummy
- Quantity: 30 count
- Flavor: Blueberry
- Price: $
- COA: Available
- Customer Review: “Honestly the best sleep aid I’ve ever tried! One gummy puts me right to bed and I sleep deeply through the night. Bonus is that it tastes so yummy”
Not Pot is another CBD company on our list that particularly emphasizes on making superior quality, all-natural, vegan, and US-grown CBD products and selling them at amazing prices.
The CBD melatonin sleep gummies from Not Pot is another innovative product containing 20mg of CBD and 3mg of melatonin, that is perfect for tackling everyday stress, anxiety, and other sleep-related issues. Furthermore, they are the most affordable one on this list.
Free from artificial flavors, sugars, and other questionable ingredients and thousands of happy customers and reviews make this one of the most effective sleep gummies that is also budget-friendly.
According to the reviews, the users find Not Pot Sleep CBD Gummies to be helpful in:
- Getting to sleep faster, and staying asleep
How do CBD and melatonin help with sleep?
Melatonin is a natural sleep hormone that plays a massive role in regulating the natural sleep cycle. The secretion of melatonin happens during the night, naturally which informs your body that it’s time to sleep.
However, many people secrete very little to no amount of melatonin, which plays a huge role in affecting their natural sleeping cycle, leading to all kinds of sleeping troubles hence an external dosage of melatonin is required.
On the other hand, CBD works by balancing your endocannabinoid system or rather the CB receptors that are scattered in the body, this interaction of CBD with receptors results in many benefits, like CBD can provide relief from pain, inflammation, stress, racing thoughts, anxiety, depression, sleeping troubles, insomnia, and seizures.
CBD not only works on sleep but also minimizes the other problems that are keeping you from going to bed.
While both CBD and melatonin are highly effective against sleeping issues, their combination works wonders in all kinds of sleep and insomnia-related problems.
Similarly, melatonin act as an enabler in your body by sending a signal that it’s time to sleep, while CBD minimizes the other factors that are affecting you from getting to sleep and staying asleep.
So, taking a combination of CBD with melatonin is the best thing you can do to win against all kinds of sleep and Insomnia related problems and it’s quite safe.
How many CBD melatonin gummies should you take for sleep?
The accurate and effective dosage or count of CBD melatonin gummies for sleep varies from individual to individual.
For some people, a single dosage of 10 mg of CBD melatonin gummy before bed can be sufficient. For some, it can take up to 50 mg of CBD gummies to be effective for sleep.
If you are new to CBD, it is advised that you start with the lowest dosage and stay on it for a week, but if you having trouble with sleeping, increase the dosage by 5 to 10 milligrams every week till you reach the desired outcome.
For example, if you are trying a 25 mg of CBD melatonin gummy, then start with taking one or half of the gummy and see how it goes for you, if you feel that your sleeping has improved then stay at this dosage, however, you can take more if you still experience sleeping troubles.
Read More: CBD Dosage Guide
When should you take CBD melatonin gummies for sleep?
For most people, the best time to take a CBD melatonin gummy for sleep is somewhere between 15 minutes to 1 hour before bed. It will give your body enough time to process the contents of your gummy and induce sleep.
Your current food intake and metabolism also plays a huge role in how quickly the contents of your CBD gummy are going to metabolize in your body, and how fast it’s going to reach your bloodstream to show its effects.
Benefits of CBD melatonin gummies for sleep
There are so many benefits to taking CBD gummies with melatonin for sleep, like:
- It’s one of the first natural compounds that has been effective in providing relief from all kinds of sleep and insomnia-related problems.
- They are comparatively safe and cost-effective options than other sleep supplements on the market.
- They work for almost every individual with sleeping problems.
- Apart from sleep problems, CBD with melatonin gummies also provides other long lists of benefits, including relief from stress, racing thoughts, anxiety, depression, pain, and inflammation.
Drawbacks of CBD melatonin gummies
There can be certain drawbacks you should know before taking CBD melatonin gummies for sleep, like:
- CBD is not regulated by the FDA, so there are a lot of sub-par CBD products in the market that can do more harm than good. Exercise caution when purchasing CBD gummies from an unreliable brand, shop only from the top CBD Brands and don’t forget to check the COA.
- There can be certain side effects of CBD, like drowsiness, fatigue, dry mouth, and diarrhea. However, they are well-tolerated and pass with time.
- CBD can interact with other medicines especially the ones with the “grapefruit” warning, which can be harmful in certain situations. Consult a doctor before taking CBD with other medicines.
- Melatonin can cause some discomfort if taken in huge amounts for the long term. However, all the mentioned CBD melatonin gummies contains a little amount of this sleep hormone, which is far from being unsafe.
Melatonin is a sleep hormone that signals your body that it’s time to sleep, while CBD is responsible for managing many other conditions that are the root cause of your sleeping issues.
The combination of CBD with melatonin is one of the best and most natural solutions we have found for all kinds of sleeping troubles.
However, for long-term use, it is advised that you look for a CBD sleep product without melatonin, because many studies claim that CBD is safe for long-term use, while the studies are mostly negative or inconclusive on the long term-use of Melatonin.
CBD is currently not regulated by the FDA, so exercise caution while shopping CBD products for sleep and only shop from a brand that has a good reputation (like the ones mentioned in this article), and don’t forget to check the reviews and the COA.
Is CBD legal?
What are the types of CBD?
Can CBD make you high?
CBD cannot make you high, No matter the amount you take. High is only caused by the Cannabinoid “THC”. However, legally certain full spectrum CBD products can contain up to 0.3% of THC, which is too small to lead to any psychoactive effects.
Can CBD show up in a drug test?
Full-spectrum CBD products contain a small amount of THC, so they may test positive in a cannabis drug test screening. However, CBD isolates and broad spectrum CBD are free from THC, so they can not come up in any kind of drug test.
Can you take CBD every day?
The information in this article is intended for general use only and may not always be appropriate for everyone’s needs. Your health and wellness are unique to you, so before acting on anything we say, seek personalized advice from a medical professional.
We value the accuracy and editorial integrity of all our articles, and we strive to ensure that the content we publish is accurate and up-to-date to the best of our knowledge.
This article contains affiliate links, but any opinions expressed in our content are solely those of the author and have not been provided by or endorsed by any advertisers.